Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Rocky Boy!!
























































I think the pictures kind of speak for themselves! Except for Amayah's shawl getting stolen, this was one awesome pow wow this summer....I can't believe how fast the days have gone by since.

The area was beautiful, we hope to make it back next summer!!

There were some pretty fabulous dancers, which will be included in the next few postings.

It may not be lakes and trees that we Woodlands are accustomed to, but
I can't say enough about how beautiful it is ....a different kind of Indian country....none the less....still Indian country!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL.Nice pics. gl

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Anonymous said...

I have to look at this over and over again to get some comfort in remembrance of my sister. I am so grateful that she kept this and did not take it down as it gives me some warmth in feeling close to her. I miss her so much and wish I could turn back the clock to this weekend in Rocky Boy, Montana!gl

Anonymous said...

I can not believe it's been almost a year since that terrible day. It still seems so unreal. I see you in my dreams sometimes....you are always happy and tell me you are ok. Your presence is so deeply missed! I was thinking the other day about all of our family functions: graduations, dinners, birthday parties, performances...you were always there, no matter what. It's tough to think that you won't be there to meet your new little niece in February or that you weren't coming for the holidays. I take comfort in my dreams when I see you smiling and hear your laugh, I know you are ok. <3 I love you and miss you! ~A.L.~

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting this Andrea! I had a few tears today thinking of my sis. I miss her so much, her laugh, her humor, everything, and just knowing I could call her and touch base. In my dreams she is always happy and smiling also. She never has to worry about being sick with diabetes or about going to work and facing the daily stresses of life.Lots of good memories there!She is with her best friend Mary Rae, Auntie Clara, Carolyn Whitefeather, and Carol Thompson (my college roommate) all gone but not forgotton.gl