Saturday, September 26, 2009

RICING SEPTEMBER 2009




























































This is it!! Went ricing last weekend, 9/16/09 to be exact. We chose to paddle around and to the back of Plum Island you see in the second picture. The rice in this area was ripe, thick and fell into the canoe easily. It was soooo nice to be on the old ricing lake again, we scared up a few hundred ducks.

My ricing partner was none other than Emma Lee J. We had the most awesome day, we decided we were not going to over do anything...took our time, no rush to the day at all. It was her first time 'polling...or is it poling' ha ha .... however you spell it...once she got the hang of controlling the canoe, she did a very good job. Had a few shakey moments where I half expected to hear her splash into the water, but she was pretty good at stabilizing herself. We also had a lot of laughs!!


At the end of the day, we were very glad and appreciative to have the beautiful lake landing to ourselves!

I am so glad we decided to go ricing that weekend, we replenished our eating rice for the next year or so.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are nice pictures, do you have any more to show? Ma

Niijii said...

Yeah I have a few more I'll post.

Anonymous said...

Nice pics! Wish I would have went over there cuz we did a lot of paddling to get where we went. We went to the back of the island because it was easier poling.gl

J*me said...

Nice pics! I hope to make it out on the lake next year.