Thursday, June 25, 2009

4 weeks already!!





















































It will be 4 weeks this Sunday that she left. I can't believe how this works, at first when I realized she's really going to be gone for 2 months I panicked and thought ....that's a long time. I thought for sure that I would get sick with missing her, and I was for about the first week and a few other days here and there. I do miss her immensely, but not in a sobbing, sad way. I know she's doing great and that's all that matters. We talk everyday, in fact she text messaged me today "ohhhh I'm so hungry, I had such a long hot day". She said they spent the day out in the field in the sun, she's not really appreciating her tan lines... She doesn't have the time she usually does to work on that perfect tan.....I said well that's one of the benefits of being a scientist, getting that perfect farmer's tan....ha ha.

They were out scouting in the kayak's (which she loves), measuring, and doing whatever they do scientifically. She just wanted to get to her room and have a relaxing evening. Once she was relaxed she called and told me she made herself some Thai noodles for dinner. We talked about today's happenings......Michael Jackson died!!!! Sad!! What a musical legacy he leaves...we both were stunned by that devastating news!


On a happier note, she's heading to Chicago on Saturday and has plans to take a city tour, finding a few nice restaurants hoping to get a delicious seafood dinner, do some shopping, etc. Plus, her boyfriend Teochen is flying down to see her over the 4th of July weekend he already bought his ticket and will rent a car when he gets there......so she's happy about that and so am I.

After that, she's on the home stretch and will be home in no time!

The pictures here are of Emma in the green house, this is where she works part of the time, germinating and such. The other, she's out in the field in her hip waders getting ready to take the kayaks out to check the project sites and scout for new sites.

She said she thinks gram/gramps plan on sending her popped wild rice, she was pretty excited about that. And, she finally admitted to me this evening that she misses her family. I am so grateful that we have the family we have, the old fashioned family values that have been (for lack of a better word) incorporated into the fabric of our everyday lives.

I'm hoping she'll have a chance to post more pictures, especially after this weekend when she goes to Chi-Town!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Saturday, we sent a package of popped wild rice yesterday to Emmie, grandfather popped it and grandmother sifted out the chaff to make it look perfect. I packaged it and grandfather took it into town to mail it.

By the way, what kind of a dog did Gary bring home? Is it really a pit bull? I talked to him and told him to look up that breedof a dog on the internet. Gram

J*me said...

Wish she could make it to Gram's this coming weekend but I'm glad to read that she'll have a loved one with her on the 4th. Bet they'll have a nice one too. =)

Freedom said...

She looks just small in those waders on the 2nd pic. Wonder how her weekend in the windy city was? Time sure is flying. Different kind of a summer with no Norway Beach or Grace Lake action going on.

Anonymous said...

She should try some of that Chicago pizza while she is over that way. We missed everyone in St. Croix this year! gl

Niijii said...

She is really small, check out her myspace profile pic. I think she's getting in a lot of running time. I wish she could be there too, but she'll have her bf with her over the weekend.

Her day in Chicago was good, they went to the taste of Chicago.